We aren’t planning to focus on the negatives here, we just want to make you aware that there are some things that are considered cheating and can cause your business a penalty. So, heads up on the top bad practices:
• Having duplicate content, weakly written content,
• Hacking your website,
• Creating fake social profiles,
• Using your keywords too many times,
• Guest posting incorrectly may lead to a drop in your SEO ranking,
• Invisible text or hiding text,
• Too many ads,
• Paid links focus on quantity of links vs quality of links, no broken links,
• Not following the correct webmaster protocols,
• Slow, unavailable websites.
The SEO world is going to continue to evolve and innovate, so it’s important to you as a user or an online business owner to keep up to ensure you have a site that will more easily index to page one. Maybe you should use a search engine to search about SEO! While there are many search engine options, there is a top ten listing out there for you to consider, you will recognize most of the names. There are several SEO tools that you can pick up for free that you may find helpful, especially if you are attempting to build your own site.
Just in case you’re still wondering about the value of SEO, here are some noteworthy statistics for you below.
• Regarding paid search listings vs natural listings, 77 percent of users click natural first.
• Users totaling 74 percent had more positive opinions of brands that appeared in the top natural results.
• Return on investment (ROI) matters and 72 percent of merchants who sell in local markets say that SEO is the best tool for rating ROI.
There are many free webinars and conferences you can attend to keep in touch, network and stay on top of SEO innovations. Here are a few conferences you may want to consider.
- SEJ Summit
- SearchLove Conference
If you enjoy reading, there are many options available for you as well. We do want to caution you not to discount the value of networking at conferences. These are just a few random titles with no preferences given to any sellers, publishers or authors.
- SEO for Growth: The Ultimate Guide for Marketers, Web Designers & Entrepreneurs
- SEO Like I’m 5: The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Search Engine Optimization
- SEO 2017: Learn search engine optimization with smart internet marketing strategies
- SEO Fitness Workbook: 2017 Edition: The Seven Steps to Search Engine Optimization Success on Google
- The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization
- Yes there are even a couple of SEO for Dummies books available
- Many bloggers are talking about SEO in their daily updates
And don’t hesitate to find and follow some of the best-known SEO experts in the industry today. Reading a few of their posts could be the key to success you’ve been seeking.
Investing in SEOs now is a good idea and a positive move for your business or blog. Because we will always be searching, relevance will also be changing and algorithms are easy to edit, SEOs aren’t going anywhere anytime soon. They will continue to evolve, though.
The development of more search engines is expected; however, the current top two are also expected to remain at the top for the foreseeable future.